Komodo-Qt (KomodoOcean) is a world-first Qt native wallet for KMD (Komodo) and all of assetchains. It's available for three OS platforms - Windows, Linux, MacOS.
NB! This repo have three branches:
Visit #wallet-ocean-qt channel in Komodo Discord for more information.
- Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit) based PC.
- At least 4 Gb of free RAM (8 or 16 Gb physical RAM recommended).
- About ~10-15 Gb of storage space to sync full blockchain (SSD drive is recommended)
Before you start create the following configuration file, named
rpcuser=bitcoinrpc rpcpassword=password txindex=1 addnode=188.8.131.52 addnode=184.108.40.206 addnode=220.127.116.11 addnode=18.104.22.168 addnode=22.214.171.124 addnode=126.96.36.199 addnode=188.8.131.52
And download following files in %APPDATA%\ZcashParams folder:
Also you can use
fetch-params.cmd batch file in
release folder to download all needed automatically.
If you already have installed Agama Wallet - you already have all needed.
For more information about Komodo Platform, please visit official site: https://komodoplatform.com/ .
Currenly komodo-qt is under developement. Use it at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications, also we don't recommend now to use it with your main wallet. Before use you can copy your main wallet.dat in a secure place or use
-datadir command-line key to select other data folder for use with komodo-qt.
- Native QT wallet written in C/C++ and Rust (librustzcash library).
- Receiving and sending coins.
- Extended coin control features, selecting "Inputs..." (UTXOs) when sending coins.
- Supporting assetchains (launch KomodoOceanGUI.exe with needed
-addnodecommand-line keys to launch wallet on needed assetchain or use existing batch files in repo).
- Sapling support.
- You tell us ... ;)
How to build?
- OS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
- Git for Windows
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
- CMake 3.10.2 (cmake-3.10.2-win64-x64.msi), add it to system path for all users during install.
- Qt 5.9.2 (qt-opensource-windows-x86-5.9.2.exe)
- Far Manager v3.0 build 5100 x64 (not necessary, but very convenient to use command line and execute commands)
1. Download and install all needed software. Qt should be installed into it's default path
1a. Don't forget to select
msvc2015 64-bit component during install:
2. Clone sources repository using
git clone https://github.com/ip-gpu/KomodoOcean or
git clone https://github.com/DeckerSU/KomodoOcean .
3. Make sure that you are on Windows (master) branch
git checkout master .
4. Unpack the content of
KomodoOcean\depends\depends.zip archive in
5. Launch Qt Creator and choose Open Project. Navigate to
KomodoOcean directory and open
KomodoOceanGUI.pro project file.
5a. Make sure that Build directory in Projects -> Build Settings corresponds to your project path (for example
C:\Distr\KomodoOcean, this is a folder in which we clone repo).
6. Select Build -> Build Project "KomodoOceanGUI" from Top Menu or press Ctrl-B to start build.
7. After build is finished you will see
Congratulations! You built Komodo-Qt (KomodoOcean) for Windows. Now you can run it.
This repo has prebuilt version (
rustzcash.lib) of librustzcash library. If you want to build it by yourself, follow next steps:
%PATH% environment variable after install.
3. If you have https -> ssh substitution in your
.gitconfig, like :
[url "ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/"] insteadOf = https://github.com/
You'll need to add following lines in
[net] git-fetch-with-cli = true
To get rust work correctly with ssh connection, otherwise you will have "error authenticating: failed connecting agent; class=Ssh (23)" and "attempted ssh-agent authentication, but none of the usernames
git succeeded" errors, during download rust deps.
If you don't set-up any substitutions https -> ssh for git earlier, no additional actions required.
4. Clone librustzcash repo and build library:
git clone https://github.com/zcash/librustzcash cd librustzcash cargo build # to build debug version cargo build --release # to build release version
*.lib will be available in
target/(release/debug) folders relatively.