This project replaces old ip6li/Onetime-Mail project, which was originally based on msoftware/Trash-Mail. Old ip6li/Onetime-Mail (PHP based) project is abandoned.
File trashmail.json MUST contain line "configRuntime": "trashmail.runtime.json", for reference to runtime config. Please read Github wiki for further information.
- Direct access to specific mail address by GET request
- URL encoded as QR code available
- Responsive design
- PUG template (formerly Jade)
- Supports mail attachments (configurable)
- QRcode for mobile devices
- If mail server supports DKIM it show DKIM status to user
- International support.
Beta : Works in a single production environment.
- IMAP based backend, recommended is Dovecot, Sieve is not needed.
- If you want to receive mails, Postfix is strongly recommended
- NodeJS 6.3.1 or newer - older may work, but your mileage may vary
- Nginx (or other web server) as reverse proxy for NodeJS server is strongly recommended
If you are using NodeJS without full libicu support you may consider to install full-icu. full-icu not found warning will tell you, what to to. If you are using nodejs from your Linux distribution you probably get a version with full libicu support, so you do not have to care about this. If warning does not appear do not install full-icu.
add following to main.cf:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions= ... check_recipient_access pcre:/etc/postfix/recipient_access.pcre, permit
/(.+)/ prepend X-Original-To: $1
This make Trashmail work even if recipient is set in bcc only.
- git clone somewhere in filesystem as any user with exception of root. Running as root will fuck up your server!
- npm install
- customize ~/trashmail.json and ~/views/index.pug
This file must be located in exactly one of following locations:
- <where this application is running>/trashmail.json
See project wiki in Github for description
Use systemd for start/stop server
- Recommended: Systemd based Linux distribution
- Should work with FreeBSD, OpenBSD