This repository has been archived!
This IPFS-related repository has been archived, and all issues are therefore frozen. If you want to ask a question or open/continue a discussion related to this repo, please visit the official IPFS forums.
We archive repos for one or more of the following reasons:
- Code or content is unmaintained, and therefore might be broken
- Content is outdated, and therefore may mislead readers
- Code or content evolved into something else and/or has lived on in a different place
- The repository or project is not active in general
Please note that in order to keep the primary IPFS GitHub org tidy, most archived repos are moved into the ipfs-inactive org.
If you feel this repo should not be archived (or portions of it should be moved to a non-archived repo), please reach out and let us know. Archiving can always be reversed if needed.
Dynamic Data and Capabilities in IPFS Special Interest Group
Research and development of building blocks that enable collaborative applications, providing solutions for security, identity, access control, concurrency, synchronization, offline and near-real-time collaboration on top of IPFS.
- Research and implement CRDTs on top of IPFS, creating building blocks that can be used by other applications.
- Research Cryptographic ACLs (Capabilities Systems) and create building blocks that implement.
- Apply this research and implementation to products like PeerPad, validating the solutions and defining new problems to be solved.
Accomplishments and current endeavours
- Peer-Base: a library to help create DApps on top of IPFS.
- Peer-Pad: a decentralized editor that allows concurrent writing of text. Besides making live changes to a given document, it allows read-only nodes to follow the changes in real-time. It also allows you to publish a self-contained snapshot of the document to IPFS.
- 2 research RFPs:
- Identity RFC: an identity
- Identity Manager: Identity Manager reference implementation
- Discussify: Fully decentralized platform for discussing anything on the web.
- Apr 2019: DDC became a Special Interest Group
- Jul 2018: PeerPad now uses peer-star-app.
- Jun 2018: created peer-star-app.
- Peer-Star App support for real-time collaborative DApps built on top of IPFS.
- Jun 2018: published Identity RFC.
- Identity management system for DApps.
- May 2018: Published delta-crdts.
- Apr 2018: Launched 2 CRDT research RFPs.
- Apr 2018,
📍Lisbon: Held CRDT research day mini-conf.
- Apr 2018: started Working Group bi-weekly call.
- Mar 2018: created peer-star.
- Distributed Applications and their internal building blocks exposed as reusable components that can be used for all kinds of p2p use-cases.
- Mar 2018: Dynamic Data and Capabilities Working Group was born.
- Research and development of building blocks that enable collaborative applications, providing solutions for security, identity, access control, concurrency, synchronization, offline and near-real-time collaboration on top of IPFS.
- Oct 2017: PeerPad MozFest 2017 demo.
- Fully decentralised private collaborative text editor.
- Jun 2017,
📍Rome: 2017 IIIF conference demo.
- Two different products implementing IIIF were demoed using ipfs-iiif-db to sync annotation data between them.
- Jun 2017: created ipfs-iiif-db.
- Allowing syncing IIIF annotation data in a truly server-less and conflict-free way.
- May 2017: first version of y-ipfs-connector.
- A connector that allows Y.js, the CRDT library, to use the IPFS network.
- Mar 2017: created Research CRDT.
- Gathering research papers and discussions.
There are several ways you can get involved: