This release includes changes unlocking work on Embedded JS-IPFS in Brave (wip in #716):
- Feature-detection of
chrome.socketsat runtime (#711)
- Prototype of Embedded HTTP Gateway in Brave (#719)
Notes on testing this in Brave
- This is WIP. Work on Embedded JS-IPFS in Brave is tracked in #716
chrome.socketsand an opt-in prototype of Embedded Gateway (#664 (comment)) works only when built via
yarn dev-build bundle:brave:betaand loaded manually to Brave Nightly
_brave.zippackage for Brave Nightly is attached to this release
- Seamless install from Chrome Web Store requires Manifest patch in Brave
- Configurable logger levels (#712)
console.logcalls with 'debug'-based logging.
- We started asking for unlimitedStorage permission for use when embedded node is selected.
Details in #714
- Uploads of 1MB+ files to External API failing with
Error: stream.push() after EOF(ipfs/js-ipfs-http-client#967)
- chore: dependency bumps
- i18n: synchronized translations
|Firefox, Firefox for Android||Chromium: Chrome, Brave, Opera|
*generic.zip below or build and install it manually.