Dynamic Data and Capabilities in IPFS Working Group
Research and development of building blocks that enable collaborative applications, providing solutions for security, identity, access control, concurrency, synchronization, offline and near-real-time collaboration on top of IPFS.
- Research and implement CRDTs on top of IPFS, creating building blocks that can be used by other applications.
- Research Cryptographic ACLs (Capabilities Systems) and create building blocks that implement.
- Apply this research and implementation to products like PeerPad, validating the solutions and defining new problems to be solved.
Accomplishments and current endeavours
- Peer-Base: a library to help create DApps on top of IPFS.
- Peer-Pad: a decentralized editor that allows concurrent writing of text. Besides making live changes to a given document, it allows read-only nodes to follow the changes in real-time. It also allows you to publish a self-contained snapshot of the document to IPFS.
- 2 research RFPs:
- Identity RFC: an identity
- Identity Manager: Identity Manager reference implementation
- Discussify: Fully decentralized platform for discussing anything on the web.
- Jul 2018: PeerPad now uses peer-star-app.
- Jun 2018: created peer-star-app.
- Peer-Star App support for real-time collaborative DApps built on top of IPFS.
- Jun 2018: published Identity RFC.
- Identity management system for DApps.
- May 2018: Published delta-crdts.
- Apr 2018: Launched 2 CRDT research RFPs.
- Apr 2018,
📍Lisbon: Held CRDT research day mini-conf.
- Apr 2018: started Working Group bi-weekly call.
- Mar 2018: created peer-star.
- Distributed Applications and their internal building blocks exposed as reusable components that can be used for all kinds of p2p use-cases.
- Mar 2018: Dynamic Data and Capabilities Working Group was born.
- Research and development of building blocks that enable collaborative applications, providing solutions for security, identity, access control, concurrency, synchronization, offline and near-real-time collaboration on top of IPFS.
- Oct 2017: PeerPad MozFest 2017 demo.
- Fully decentralised private collaborative text editor.
- Jun 2017,
📍Rome: 2017 IIIF conference demo.
- Two different products implementing IIIF were demoed using ipfs-iiif-db to sync annotation data between them.
- Jun 2017: created ipfs-iiif-db.
- Allowing syncing IIIF annotation data in a truly server-less and conflict-free way.
- May 2017: first version of y-ipfs-connector.
- A connector that allows Y.js, the CRDT library, to use the IPFS network.
- Mar 2017: created Research CRDT.
- Gathering research papers and discussions.
There are several ways you can get involved: