Local Offline Collaboration (Locol) Special Interest Group
User research, collaborations, and features to make the knowledge and tools on the internet accessible and useful on partitioned, low-bandwidth, or intermittant networks.
Table of Contents
The IPFS Local Offline Collaboration (Locol) Special Interest Group is focused on understanding the challenges of users in offline or async networks, collaborating with partners serving those users, and prototyping solutions to understand how to make IPFS more useful for local offline collaboration.
- Participate in communities like Offline First
- Conduct user research around offline and local-first use cases, communities, and best practices
- Support collaborations between IPFS and community members who are building tools for peer-to-peer sharing and collaboration in local/offline networks
- Research and prototype applications that utilize IPFS for local-first collaboration and resilient offline usage
Demo and discussion calls
We meet occassionally to discuss projects and share demos relevant to local and offline collaboration. These meetings are scheduled one-off as speakers or discussion leaders volunteer. Subscribe to this issue to be notified of upcoming meetings.
PROPOSE A TALK! Come speak about your project or use-case! Jump into this issue to offer up a demo or suggest a discussion topic for our next call.
Between calls, we encourage folks to make use of these async channels to share resources and and chat with fellow aficionados of offline/local-first tech:
- The IPFS community on Discord
- The #dweb channel within the Offline First Slack workspace (sign up here)
- Yiannis Psaras - Protocol Labs ResNetLab
- Dietrich Ayala - IPFS Ecosystem Lead
- Teri Chadbourne - Offline First community organizer and Offline Camp event lead, ProtoSchool lead
The Locol SIG is actively looking for more participants! Follow the issues for occassional gatherings to discuss local and offline use cases, challenges, and ongoing work - or create a new issue with your ideas and research!