IPS Android Seed
An architecturally sound starting point for an Android application.
Languages / Frameworks
- Retrofit A type-safe HTTP client
- Timber Lightweight logging utility built on top of Android native log
- Dagger Dependency injection framework
- Utilizes MVVM
- Organizes classes by feature
- api directory contains the REST client classes
- di contains the Dependency injection classes
- utils contains any global library classes
IPS Express Seed Node.js Express server that the application calls to login. Follow the Express Seed Setup on your local machine.
Android App Setup
Before running the Android application, the IP address in the Node.js server's URL needs to be set. This value can be found in the
<meta-data android:name="api_url" android:value="http://172.16.32.131:3001/express_seed/api/v1/"/>
The application should then be able to connect to the server and will display a login screen. When attempting to log in, a Toast message will appear, which will indicate if the login attempt was successful or not.