A fullstack React/express blog using React hooks
This Project was bootstrapped with create-react-app
download or git clone the project files.
cd into both Project Directories in 2 different terminal windows and then install the dependencies
The "Client" directory contains the React code. The "Server" directory contains the code for the node.js express server. This project requries a PSQL database to run. This project also requires setting up an app on auth0.
For intructions on installing PSQL visit the offical PSQL website:
Run both the server and client at the same time
(runs react at localhost:3000)
npm run devstart
(devstart runs nodemon at localhost:5000)
Set up PSQL
- Open the PSQL shell and login to PSQL
- Create a new PSQL database if you have not already done so.
- Simply copy the SQL code in the Server/main/schema.sql file and paste it in as commands into the PSQL shell.
- In the Server/main/db.js file replace the code with the login info for your own PSQL database.
- After setting up the PSQL database and making the required adjustments in the db.js file, the app will be fully functional.
(Optional) Set up auth0
You can optionally create your own auth0 app and subsitute the credentials in the Client/utils/auth.js file. You can also just use the default credentials I have provided.