PLEASE READ FIRST - 11th December 2017
Isogenic Game Engine has been a labour of love that has only had small updates for some time. While it holds a lot of value if you are looking to see how the internals of a game engine works or if you are willing to put in time to learn the engine without a huge amount of tutorials; if you are looking to create production-ready games and want to do it very fast with a large community supporting you, I would go and check out Unity3D instead.
It sadens me to have to make that recommendation because IGE is pretty solid and still light years ahead in many ways from other engines, but it has some missing documentation, does not yet have a fully-fledged GUI editor which could help speed up game dev, and also probably most importantly, it lacks loads of starter games and tutorials that a developer could use to reverse engineer stuff even if the above was not available.
If you want a back story and history, you can check out this thread: https://github.com/Irrelon/ige/issues/460#issuecomment-350717484
Any developers that might be interested in making a GUI editor that drives development of the engine, let me know. I've made headway in this area but my time is limited.
All the best,
Isogenic Game Engine
Latest Updates & Changelog
- Full un-obfuscated source code
- Advanced networking system with built-in server
- Particle system
- Scenegraph-based rendering pipeline
- Tile maps
- Box2D physics component for easy integration with 2d and isometric games
- Multiple viewport support
- Tweening support
- Cell-based animation support
- Native and font-sheet text support
After downloading or cloning this repository, if you plan to use the multiplayer aspects of the engine you should run (assumes that you cloned / extracted the engine repository to /ige)**:
cd /ige/server npm install
This will automatically download and install any required Node.js modules.
** You must have Node.js installed for the installation to work
There are a lot of examples in the ./examples folder. Please see the ./examples/readme.md file for more information about running the examples.
Head over to the official help & support forum: http://www.isogenicengine.com/forum
Feedback & Support
If you have any comments, questions, requests etc please don't hesitate to discuss them on the forum!
Intellectual Property, Ownership & Copyright
(C)opyright 2013 Irrelon Software Limited http://www.irrelon.com
- Website: http://www.isogenicengine.com
- Store: http://www.isogenicengine.com/download.html
- Forum: http://www.isogenicengine.com/forum
- API Docs: http://www.isogenicengine.com/docs-reference.html
- Video Tutorials: http://www.isogenicengine.com/docs-tutorials.html
- Updates, News & Changelog: http://www.isogenicengine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
- Twitter: @IsogenicEngine https://twitter.com/IsogenicEngine
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/coolbloke1324
Some of the art and assets that are included in the premium version are not included in the free (prototype) version because of licensing issues.