current version: 0119b
This began as a sort of hardware version of BriadLab but is becoming some kind of distributed-cellular-pattern-generator.
- [02/06/19] Long break, but been thinking though making a simulator to get a better idea of how this all works. I need more memory in the boards, swapping between frame buffers doesnt allow enough room. I'm going to sketchout some plans as to what the simulator will look like, but i think i will call it:
______ ___ __ ____ __ / __(_)_ _ / _ )_______ _(_)__/ / / ___ ___ ________/ / _\ \/ / ' \/ _ / __/ _ `/ / _ / _ \/ _ \/ _ `/ __/ _ / /___/_/_/_/_/____/_/ \_,_/_/\_,_/_.__/\___/\_,_/_/ \_,_/
[08/02/19] plan for the next week is to work on a font for drawing with. a set of tiles that can connect into different patterns.
[08/02/19] playing around with images, thinking of having little pattern swatches for the screens, will need to make some bitmaps/font. they can then infect each other flipping bits of the weaves in each other?
- [01/02/19] simple version running, 4 possible states, inherit from parents and pass to child. Next try drawing the knot crossings instead of numbers.
- [29/01/19] Aim to get some coding done this weekend 02/02/19.
- [29/01/19] PCB has arrived! assembled 18 tiles
- [26/01/19] PCB arrives on 29/01/19
- using the convenience of arduino, as i can use the arduino as isp to program the attinys
- for drawing to the screen i am using datacute's Tiny4kOLED Library but i might strip it down some more if i end up needing to
- pcb 0119bfront and back back
- attiny84 (0119b using SOIC footprint) - datasheet
- OLED 128x32 I2C - the four pin type you find on ebay
- a bunch of breadboard spaced header pins & sockets
- power from a socket, or can use coin cells, i'm gonna try get it hooked to a solar panel
- i am avoiding making any enclosures at the moment
- attiny84 has 8k of space which should be plently for the first braid animation tests
- 12mm x 40 mm tiles - not sure how deep they are yet till i assemble one, should sit pretty flush but we'll see how they go
- bigger IC ?
- smaller IC !
- bigger/smaller screen ?
- colour ?
- add 20Mhz xtal ?
|PCB: 12mm x 40mm 2 layer lead-free||≈£1.50 (@x10)||pcbway|
|14 x male header 2.54 mm||≈£0.70||amazon|