#Boson - An experimental editor Boson is a minimalistic experimental source code editor. It's written in Node, and wrapped in Nw.js as a runtime container for easy cross-platform integration.
It utilizes Codemirror in place for it's source view highlighting and editing.
##Keeping things simple Boson aims to give you a minimal core. Further functionality can be added with user level plugins.
##Pre-built binaries We have pre-built binaries for Linux and Windows. OSX users need to clone our repository and manually download nw.js. (It would be great to have a contributer to tackle OSX).
Take note: - this is experimental software.
##Contributing Found a bug? Great - go ahead and open an issue, with clear instructions on how to re-produce.
Written a patch? Go ahead and send your pull request with clear instructions what and how your patch fixes something.
##Hooks Read about hooks over on hooks.md.
##Plugins Read about plugins over on plugins.md.
Develop a "plugin" architecture for user written extensions Create a multi-pane engine for split view editing Create a hook engine for extensions
- Create a "preferences" window
Create a "theme" selector window.
- Add a boson theme selection list to the main theme selector window
Create a plugin management window.
And lots more...
- Dejavu-fonts - http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page
- @bgrins - For the awesome native sortable js library, https://github.com/bgrins/nativesortable
- http://ionicons.com/ - For the MIT licensed icons
- Codemirror.net - For the awesome JS source view library
If your name is missing from this list, please let me know.