- Rosemary Le Faive (University of Prince Edward Island)
- Charlie Tillay (Tulane University)
- Mike Bolam (University of Pittsburgh)
MIG MODS to RDF
- Working Documents
- While the MIG is working on MODS to RDF, meetings occur every other week on Monday from 1 to 2pm EST.
Terms of reference
The name of the interest group is the Islandora Metadata Interest Group (IMIG)
The purpose of the IMIG is to investigate and provide metadata solutions that help improve metadata creation, maintenance and enhancement in Islandora.
Specific goals, activities, and outcomes include:
Metadata best practices for Islandora
- Metadata profiles for multiple metadata standards
Investigate metadata tools
- Creating and editing metadata in Islandora
- Pre and post processing of metadata including harvests, transformations, and migrations
Investigate features that enhance metadata creation and maintenance
- XML form enhancements
- Use and application of taxonomies
- Alternatives to XML forms
Investigate linked open data
The interest group will meet once a month virtually (eg. via Google Hangouts). A call for agenda items will be posted to the Islandora Google Group at least 1 week prior to the meeting. The convener will appoint a note taker for the meeting and meeting notes will be made available at IMIG.
The convener(s) will report to the Islandora Roadmap Committee following the IMIG's meeting.
Become a Participant
Meetings are currently held every other Monday, 1-2 PM EST. Link to dates, agenda items, and call information will be in the Meetings subdirectory of this repository, for the appropriate meeting document.
The group is open to anyone interested in participating. To add your name to the list of Islandora Metadata Interest Group participants, you can create a pull request on the Participants.md document in this repository or email one of the conveners (see above).