This lets you edit environment settings in the CMS, which allows you to quickly stage or test different environment settings without having to do a full deployment.
This module has a few restrictions:
- Environment can only be modified by the default admin (specified in the core .env)
- The core .env file cannot be modified; You can only specify additional variables to add or override
- The additional file will be ignored if
HOTENV_IGNOREis specified in the root
Variables and constants of note:
- HOTENV_PATH - Environment variable specified in the root .env to the location (writable) where
.hotenvfile will be located. By default it will write to
public/assets/.protected/.hotenv, but it's better to put this outside of the webroot. E.g.
HOTENV_PATH="./system/.hotenvwill put a folder in base called
systemand save your
- HOTENV_IGNORE - Environment variable to disable hotenv loading (you can still edit the file however)
- HOTENV_LOADED - Constant (not environment variable) that is set if the
.hotenvfile was successfully loaded in the current request