Welcome to the Istio community!
This is the starting point for becoming a contributor - improving code, improving docs, giving talks, etc.
- Contributing to Istio - guidelines and advice on becoming a contributor
- Working Groups - describes our various working groups
- Working Group Processes - describes how working groups operate
- Technical Oversight Committee - describes our technical oversight committee
- Commutity Roles - describes the roles individuals can assume within the Istio community
- Reviewing and Merging Pull Requests for Istio - how we manage pull requests
- Onboarding Technologies to Istio - how we work to onboard new technologies to the Istio project
- Feature Lifecycle - requirements for features to be labeled Alpha, Beta or Stable
- Feature Lifecycle Checklist - checklist-form of requirements for features to be labeled Alpha, Beta or Stable
- Rocket Chat - describes the Istio community chat platform
Istio is an open platform for providing a uniform way to integrate microservices, manage traffic flow across microservices, enforce policies and aggregate telemetry data. Istio's control plane provides an abstraction layer over the underlying cluster management platform, such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
Visit istio.io for in-depth information about using Istio.
Istio is an open source project with an active development community. The project was started by teams from Google and IBM, in partnership with the Envoy team at Lyft.
Map that to your local time with this timezone table.
How can I help ?
See our community page for ways to get involved in our community.
If you're looking for something to do to get your feet wet working on Istio, look for GitHub issues marked with the Help Wanted label:
Of course, even if there's not an issue opened for it, we can always use more testing throughout the platform. Similarly, we can always use more docs, richer docs, insightful docs. Or maybe a cool blog post?
Questions and issues
If you're a developer trying to hack on or use the Istio code, head to istio-dev@ for help.