VagrantPress is a packaged development environment for developing WordPress themes and modules.
I initially created this project to aid in developing child modules for a WordPress blog.
- Ubuntu Trusty (14.04)
- Wordpress 4.0
- PHPUnit - *installed via composer
- phploc - *installed via composer
- phpcpd - *installed via composer
- phpdcd - *installed via composer
- phpcs - *installed via composer
- phpdepend - *installed via composer
- phpmd - *installed via composer
- PHP_CodeBrowser - *installed via composer
- WordPress sniffs for phpcs
- WordPress Unit Tests - *installed via composer
*PEAR removed as support has reached end of life, see End of Life for PEAR Installation Method
This is a fairly simple project to get up and running.
The procedure for starting up a working WordPress is as follows:
- Clone the project. (There’s only master branch.)
vagrant plugin install vagrant-hostsupdaterfrom command line
- Run the command
vagrant upfrom the directory
- Open your browser to http://vagrantpress.dev
Working with the environment
To log in to the local Wordpress installation:
http://vagrantpress.dev/wp-admin/ the username is
admin, the password is
You can access phpMyAdmin:
http://vagrantpress.dev/phpmyadmin/ with username
A Few Details
- If you're needing a password (for anything - including mysql, it should be
Common Troubleshooting Tips
- Have a look at the troubleshooting guide
Feel free to file an issue, create a pull request, or contact me at my website.