Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Cannot upload file as public to S3/Digital Ocean Spaces (CLI, Windows 10) #10540

Closed
cyberduck opened this issue Nov 18, 2018 · 1 comment
Closed
Labels
bug duplicate s3
Milestone

Comments

@cyberduck
Copy link
Collaborator

cyberduck commented Nov 18, 2018

f2ae827 created the issue

I am trying to upload test.txt as publicly accessible file to Digital Ocean space (S3-compatible storage).

This works fine via Cyberduck GUI on my Windows 10 box, after setting permissions in Preferences > Transfers > Permissions.

However, I cannot achieve the same with CLI.

duck --verbose --chmod 604 -u MY_USER --upload digitalocean-ams3://sb-test/ test.txt

This successfully uploads the file, but the file is still private. Removing or changing --chmod values does not seem to have any effect.

Is this behavior intentional? If this is by design, I appreciate any pointers on how to achieve this on Windows 10.

Authenticating as <skipped>…
> GET /sb-test/?versioning HTTP/1.1
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:14 GMT
> x-amz-content-sha256: e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
> Host: ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
> x-amz-date: 20181118T080714Z
> Authorization: ********
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> User-Agent: Cyberduck/6.8.3.29107 (Windows 10/10.0) (x86)
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< x-amz-request-id: tx0000000000000346f87b9-005bf11db3-b8ca18-ams3a
< Content-Type: application/xml
< Content-Length: 137
< Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
< Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains; preload
> GET /sb-test/?max-keys=1000&prefix&delimiter=%2F HTTP/1.1
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
> x-amz-content-sha256: e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
> Host: ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
> x-amz-date: 20181118T080715Z
> Authorization: ********
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> User-Agent: Cyberduck/6.8.3.29107 (Windows 10/10.0) (x86)
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< x-amz-request-id: tx0000000000000346f87d7-005bf11db3-b8ca18-ams3a
< Content-Type: application/xml
< Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
Login successful…
> GET /sb-test/?max-keys=1000&prefix&delimiter=%2F HTTP/1.1
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
> x-amz-content-sha256: e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
> Host: ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
> x-amz-date: 20181118T080715Z
> Authorization: ********
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> User-Agent: Cyberduck/6.8.3.29107 (Windows 10/10.0) (x86)
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< x-amz-request-id: tx000000000000033b1ef33-005bf11db3-b6f5db-ams3a
< Content-Type: application/xml
< Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
< Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=15552000; includeSubDomains; preload
> GET /sb-test/?uploads HTTP/1.1
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
> x-amz-content-sha256: e3b0c44298fc1c149afbf4c8996fb92427ae41e4649b934ca495991b7852b855
> Host: ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
> x-amz-date: 20181118T080715Z
> Authorization: ********
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> User-Agent: Cyberduck/6.8.3.29107 (Windows 10/10.0) (x86)
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< x-amz-request-id: tx0000000000000346f87f5-005bf11db3-b8ca18-ams3a
< Content-Type: application/xml
< Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
Uploading test.txt…
> PUT /sb-test/test.txt HTTP/1.1
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
> Expect: 100-continue
> Content-Type: text/plain
> x-amz-content-sha256: ba7816bf8f01cfea414140de5dae2223b00361a396177a9cb410ff61f20015ad
> Host: ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com
> x-amz-date: 20181118T080715Z
> Authorization: ********
> Content-Length: 3
> Connection: Keep-Alive
[▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮] 3 B of 3 B (100%, 32 B/sec)
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Content-Length: 0
< ETag: "900150983cd24fb0d6963f7d28e17f72"
< Accept-Ranges: bytes
< x-amz-request-id: tx000000000000033b1ef65-005bf11db3-b6f5db-ams3a
< Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 08:07:15 GMT
Upload complete…
@cyberduck
Copy link
Collaborator Author

cyberduck commented Nov 21, 2018

@dkocher commented

Duplicate for #9425.

@iterate-ch iterate-ch locked as resolved and limited conversation to collaborators Nov 26, 2021
Sign up for free to subscribe to this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in.
Labels
bug duplicate s3
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant