«The ScyNet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line December 31st, 2010. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. ScyNet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.»
ScyNet is a for-fun project by a group of Iterate employees. The goal of the ScyNet project is first and foremost to play with new and/or interesting technologies, and secondly to create something funny and maybe usable. In other words, expect the code you find here to be intentionally over-engineered, just so we can use yet another technology in the project.
During the autumn of 2010, we're implementing:
- the central ScyNet intelligence, called ScyNet,
- a Hudson plugin, called ScySon, which notifies ScyNet when a build is broken,
- a USB rocket launcher controller, called ScyBlaster, that can fire rockets at targets when commanded to do so by ScyNet.
In sum, before Christmas, the goal is that when a developer breaks the build in Hudson, he should automatically get shot with a rocket.
- Check out the code from Git.
- Read the README.rst files in each subdirectory for further instructions.
Who's working on what?
- ScyNet - Stein Magnus / Morten
- ScySon - Stig
- ScyBlaster emulator - Ivar / Lars
- ScyBlaster - Johannes
- ScyDroid - Stein
- ScyLift (future Lift-based web frontend for ScyNet) - N/A
Copyright 2010 Iterate AS
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.