Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
We're pleased to announce our latest quarterly release iText 7.1.8. Despite the minor release number, we think it counts as a pretty significant update as in addition to various improvements and bug fixes in our layout and kernel modules, iText 7.1.8 adds support for XFDF and better SVG handling.
Please be advised that we did a tiny bit of API breakage on PdfPolyGeomAnnotation, where we had to remove getType(), so if you inherit it, you must override it (sorry!).
A special shout out to JorisJ, who submitted a Pull Request that was incorporated into this release.
- SVG: use structural comparison instead of visual comparison in tests.
- Build configuration for porting (with pushing ported branches) custom branches in all autoportable repositories.
- Expose TypographyUtils#isPdfCalligraphAvailable to allow an easy check of whether layout is aware of pdfCallighraph.
- itext7 PR #41: Use starting bytes to check if byte is WmfImage.
- Update tests ignored because of SNAPSHOT being written to extracted images.
- SVG: Incorrect path closing leads to incorrect filling.
- HyphenateResultTest#hindiHyphResult fails on Jenkins on Linux with StackOverflowError.
- IndexOutOfBoundsException in Table widths calculation.
- layout: NPE while splitting a row (applying vertical alignment on a splitted cell).
- PdfLayer#getIntents fails in case of multiple intents for the layer instance.
- RegexBasedLocationExtractionStrategy returns height of 0 on rotated page.
- kernel: incorrect page boundary keys are used for VIEW_CLIP, PRINT_AREA, PRINT_CLIP constants.
- Reduce stack size requirements when hyphenating strings in some of the languages.
- Exclude private parameterless constructors from code coverage analysis.
- Improve the way data is encoded in DataMatrix barcodes
- Improve handling of empty Signature Form Fields
- Improve robustness with improperly created form fields
- Better support for multiple/different fonts
- Improve the performance of SmartMode copying (performance boost in merge)
- Avoid resources depletion due to decompression bombs
- Improve the performance when handling multiple PdfDocument instances from a single PdfReader
- Better support for invalid xref tables
- Better validation/creation of PDF/A-3 and PDF/A-1b documents
- Improve placement of signatures on rotated pages
- Added support for em values for font-size
- Added support for exponential numbers within SVG properties
- Improve the placement of elements with transformation matrices
- When the font size metric is omitted, px should be assumed
- Inherit CSS styles assigned via class in the
- Fixed outstanding issue when handling closePath and moveTo that sometimes resulted in line-joins being applied incorrectly
- Support S/s (relative/absolute smooth cubic Bézier path), and T/t (relative/absolute smooth quadratic Bézier path) commands
- Transparency support - colors can have an alpha component, and objects can have a fill-opacity or stroke-opacity
- Update of Text element handling to allow TSpan support + Initial TSpan support
- Implement relative values for Svg Path commands C/L/M/S e. C(absolute), c(relative)
- Added support for Elliptical paths
- Preserve border, background and font for FormFields
- Allow unknown annotation type in PdfAnnotation#makeAnnotation()
- Improve text extraction with Type 3 fonts
- Improve ToUnicode for Type0 fonts without subset
- Embed OCSP response for all certificates in the chain in PdfSigner#signDetached
- Improve OCSPVerifier responder certificate verification
- Cover the case of updating LTV verification data of PDF when DSS does not contain VRI entry
- Update a table's fixed-layout algorithm in case a negative width remains
- Improvements to Font parsing and resolving
- Reported issues with character spacing and text chunk repositioning
- Fix security incident where our signature checker is too lenient. The CVE number for this vulnerability is pending.
- The much requested feature clipPath is now supported
- Path operator improvements
Small fixes for forms, pdfa, styled-xml-parser, and barcodes. Fixes in io are for pdfCalligraph
https://github.com/itext/itext7/releases/tag/7.1.4 * release/7.1.4: [RELEASE] 7.1.4-SNAPSHOT -> 7.1.4 Update too old cmp file for full compression test Remove relativePath from svg pom Fix copying fields during multiple page copying Create a copy for form field with name contains dot symbol Add test. DEVSIX-2187 Add some new SVG tests. Squash multiple spaces into one if necessary. Update the path-processing algo. Add a new SVG test that demonstrates some Path-related issues. Update some method names in accordance with the naming convention. Add PdfDocument#findFont() for already added PdfFonts Create a unique name for each OCProperties. Update some cmps. SXP: Free resources after reading them add test for DEVSIX-2156 Revert [a69a8131fa] "Fix bug in CompareTool when pdfstream from output file has filter different from cmp file" Reformat CompareTool javadocs, add details about diffPrefix arg to all overloads Add new overload for CompareTool#compareByContent which generates diff preffix based off output file name Fix bug in CompareTool when pdfstream from output file has filter different from cmp file Fix some minor min/max width algo issues. Update some cmps. Add missing copyright headers Path parsing updates Do not substitute a symbol with itself during line transformations. Add implementation for Path operators v and h. RND-1108 Make method public for pdfHtml Fix PdfSweep failure on documents with ligatures Removing relativePath from pom file QA-529 Fix up for styled-xml-parser and svg resources in pom Fix typo in gsParam Add -dSAFER to gsParams Simplify POM files for styled-xml-parser and svg, so they use the values set in the root POM Add missing copyright headers Add styled-xml-parser and svg to pom.xml Add 'svg/' from commit '65c48971f2a171497d73e2a4ed883333a0f34b73' ... Add 'styled-xml-parser/' from commit 'b35a24b753cb7932156925141a7e7d658db4eee7' ... Add new unit fontselector tests for open sans font-family. Add new font selector unit tests for standard fonts. Update cmps. Fix issues with additional separator in ResourceResolver Update the javadoc and some ticket-references. Handle the default font-family correctly. Unify the font selector algorithm with the browser's one. Refactor the FontSelector algo. Add missing copyright headers Ignore memory hungry hyphen tests (layout) Allow additional x509 extensions to be critical, as discussed in Ticket SUP-2885. Add test and refactor for PR-27. DEVSIX-1982 Fix version replacement in CompareTool Fix bug Properly check to remove root outline. DEVSIX-2046 Deprecate FileUtil#getParentDirectory(String file) DESIX-2049 move functionality from svg class to io FileUtil Update new lines in pom.xml Add missing copyright headers Move to DocumentCloneTest class in samples-internal project Reflect the test method name Remove versionInfo NPE when deserialize lower version of PdfDocument [RELEASE] Merge master into develop [RELEASE] 7.1.3-SNAPSHOT -> 7.1.4-SNAPSHOT Sort dependencies in pom.xml Add test. DEVSIX-1669 add test for DEVSIX-2046
[RELEASE] iText 7 Core - 7.1.3 https://github.com/itext/itext7/releases/tag/7.1.3 * release/7.1.3: [RELEASE] 7.1.3-SNAPSHOT -> 7.1.3 Fix append mode for hybrid-reference documents Minor fixes in itextcore's documentation. Revert "Ignore memory hungry hyphen tests (layout) to be fixed in DEVSIX-2036" Add test for layout NonBreakingHyphenTest Ignore memory hungry hyphen tests (layout) to be fixed in DEVSIX-2036 Changed variable declaration and assignment to one line. Add test for DEVSIX-2033 DataMatrix. Add test with zero textSize DataMatrix: check negative textSize DataMatrix: check array bounds Wrap negative offsets in datamatrix Add an explicit type conversion in a view of c#-port. Avoid failing with exception in case form field /DA key is malformed Add multiline fields with justification test Add new tests for flattening of appearances with tricky dimensions Move tests for flattening of rotated fields to a separate class Scale flattened form fields appearance properly Add missing copyright headers Refactor a class used in a test to be static Add small content stream optimization for ActualTextIterator Fix a small bug in GlyphLine#equals Refactor variable name so it doesn't hide field Add meta info to the event counting API Fix processing the end of an inline image. Process rounded span's background. Add missing copyright headers Calculate border radii correctly. Fix dashed and dotted borders drawing algo. Update cmps. Make barcodes.dmcode.Placement thread safe Add DITO as supported product in document info comparison Add version info to document on creation Add missing copyright headers Fix backward compatibility issue in PdfFormField Use font from /DA for button Update PdfFormField#setDefaultAppearance() Add AppearanceResources and AppearanceXObject Add test for filling the form and updating it's font Remove unused file open in test. DEVSIX-2007 Ignore obviously suboptimal encodings for DataMatrix AUTO mode Add test. DEVSIX-2007 Add missing copyright headers Apply typography logic for every script in single text chunk separately Make OpenTypeFontTableReader tolerant to NULL offset in LookupList table Introduce TYPOGRAPHY_CONFIG property Add missing copyright headers Sign the document as pdfa if the source doucment is pdfa. Add a test. Add some new methods to handle signature's font color. Add a test. Add small fix for RetryRunner Add missing copyright headers Add event processing API Implement event based counting Process non-breaking hyphen. Refactor the list of symbols which should be considered on the layout level while hyphenating. Add some new tests. Add missing copyright headers Add unicode range logic to FontProvider Add test for PdfExplicitRemoteGoToDestination Fix inconsistency between containsKey and getAsArray Fix typo in javadoc Revert casts in ArrayUtil Rename ArrayUtil#toArray() to ArrayUtil#toIntArray() Changing annotations of JUnit tests Add missing copyright headers Add new tests for inline context blocks Fail typography loading if even simple static collection retrieval method doesn't work Add new test for block with big fixed height and keep-together property Refactor time-based system utils to better represent there purpose Add test for BarcodeDataMatrix Making Xmx param global to avoid SO issue DEVSIX-1979 Fix overflow renderer's height property processing. Add some new tests. Fix precision issue occured while image processing. Add a test. Add utility method for pdfHTML Svg integration Adding Xmx param to incrase heap size DEVSIX-1979 Insert value in PdfImageXObject dictionary map made from int array. DEVSIX-1974 Jacoco coverage to include all JUnit tests QA-349 Add missing copyright headers Add classes for correct creation of explicit destinations Add listAppender clearance before test run Adjust clipping border to include entire canvas for multi-line text. Remove @Ignore, add template resource Fetch justifation of formfield from parent Fix typo in javadoc Revert multiple commits Add missed @Category Add missed @Category to ImageColorProfileTest and TableBorderTest Fix typo crude support of vertical alignment for inline-blocks add primitive support for table y-line-aligning for display:inline-table add temporary suppression on warning message Add a new hyphenation test. Fix case mismatch with .NET in woff2 tests Add a new test. Add missing copyright headers Add imagesWithDifferentDepth and add3dAnnotationTest Add missing copyright headers Add RetryOnFailure Fix off by one error. DEVSIX-1923 Fix bug in RunLengthDecodeFilter Avoid treating byte as a signed value for the sake of .NET porting Make changes to PR-25 Add tests for PR 25 fixed findFieldName method not giving the result more than one time. Add missing copyright headers Avoid exception in SignatureUtil when a read-only document was passed Specify message for the error logging in OtfClass class Consider word's prefix while splitting with hyphenation. Add some new tests. Revert "Add missing copyright headers" Fix copying of inherited page entries Add missing copyright headers Make checkbox field take into account user-specified font-size; auto-size font by default; fix bugs Add missing copyright headers Throw clear exception when facing an unsupported security hanlder [RELEASE] 7.1.2-SNAPSHOT -> 7.1.3-SNAPSHOT Add javadoc to Transform class Fix construction of Pdf3DAnnotations in PdfAnnotation#makeAnnotation Remove duplicate Barcode logic Add a new form field test. Fix offset issue. Consider word bounds while word splitting. Add new hyphenation tests. Revert "Revert "added non-breaking-space and non-breaking hyphen in TextRenderer#isGlyphPartOfWordForHyphenation"" Revert "added non-breaking-space and non-breaking hyphen in TextRenderer#isGlyphPartOfWordForHyphenation" added non-breaking-space and non-breaking hyphen in TextRenderer#isGlyphPartOfWordForHyphenation
[RELEASE] iText 7 Core - 7.0.8 https://github.com/itext/itext7/releases/tag/7.0.8 * release/7.0.8: [RELEASE] 7.0.8-SNAPSHOT -> 7.0.8 Add missing copyright headers Fix processing the end of an inline image. Port PdfFormField from develop Remove limitation on font-size writing in PdfCanvas Add test for PdfExplicitRemoteGoToDestination Fix inconsistency between containsKey and getAsArray Fix overflow renderer's height property processing. Add some new tests. Fix precision issue occured while image processing. Add a test. Add classes for correct creation of explicit destinations Fetch justifation of formfield from parent Fix case mismatch with .NET in woff2 tests Add RetryOnFailure Consider word's prefix while splitting with hyphenation. Add some new tests. [RELEASE] 7.0.7-SNAPSHOT -> 7.0.8-SNAPSHOT Add missing layout dependency on hyph. Add a new form field test. Do not consider flushed pages while regenerating field's value. Fix offset issue. Consider word bounds while word splitting. Add new hyphenation tests.