Created by: Ian Miller, Nathan Evans, and Anthony Pellingra
A social travel app to make planning trips with friends easier. We store user data after registration and give the user a session cookie. Afterwards they can customize a trip they would like to go on, and allow other users to attend the new trip.
Our Project Goals- Backend
- Allow our site to create users.
- Allow each user to create a trip.
- Allow users to join other users trips.
- Store user profile pictures and main trip picture in database.
- Used a join table to accommodate a many to many relationship.
- Site implements authentication and validation.
Our Site Features- Frontend
- Users have a timeline feature to show trips they have attended/created.
- Set a carousel on the landing page to show recently made trips by other users.
- Added hover features to navbar, about us icons, and footer
|First Name||Last Name||Phone||Password||Picture|
|Name of Trip||City||Country||Start Date||End Date||Users (id)||Trip Description||Picture|
|Traveling Abroad||Paris||France||08-23-2019||09-06-2019||1||Going to the Eiffel Tower||File/path/to trip/image/storage|
This table controls our many to many relationship by storing which user(id) is attending which trip(id).
In this example the user from the above user table is deciding to attend a trip created by another user.