Compass is a sample android application which implements trivial compass functionality. It was created just as a code snippet reuse in some of my projects.
The main feature of the compass is noise filter (Low-pass filter) which make the arrow more stable in comparison to other similar applications where arrow always trembles.
You can install it from google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sevencrayons.compass
Enhancements are welcome!
- customization of place to point, see dev branch for details
- better, correct graphics
- relevant layout for different devices (tablets)
- insert an instructon about how to calibrate device sensors
How to Build
- launch Android Studio
- select Open an existing Android Studio project
- select the project folder
- select menu Run -> Run 'app'
Articles to Learn
- Find closest number in array using binary search https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-closest-number-array/