Junior Frontend / React Developer
Platforms: I recommend PluralSight, EggHead, FrontendMasters, and LevelUP Tutorials. Either the content they deliver is exlusively great or they have course ratings you can actually trust. EggHead's format works better for smaller, more focused topics while PluralSight & FrontendMasters really shine for larger and general topics. Each course at LevelUP Tutorials is brilliant i.m.o. so I would check it the first if you're interested in React or GraphQL. Otherwise, if you want to learn a library (Redux?) – go for EggHead. If you want to learn some fundamentals – go for PluralSight or FrontendMasters. There are many gems of content at other platforms indeed, but, as paying for multiple subscriptions is a waste, I prefer to stick to the limited trusted set. Udemy, in particular, was noticed to use some really bad practices: content stealing, rating manipulations, etc. I suggest to avoid this platform alltogether.
Now, to help you further, for each topic I picked the sources I personally consider the best. Obviously they rarely have 100% coincidience with the above topic layout. Some cover more than I would do, some – less. Whatever, everyone's vision is unique and it's great. I strongly believe that you should learn from multiple authors.
- Flexbox Fundamentals (EggHead)
Math & CS
- Learning To Program (PluralSight) OR Programming Basics (PluralSight)
- Understanding Prototypal Inheritance (EggHead)
- FP Fundamentals (PluralSight)
- FP Lite (PluralSight) OR FP Lite (FrontendMasters)
- FP With Ramda (PluralSight)
- JS Promises in depth (EggHead)
- Async JS with async-await (EggHead)
- Rethinking Async JS (FrontendMasters) OR Rethinking Async JS (FrontendMasters)
- Reasoning about Async JS (PluralSight)
- Modern Async JS (PluralSight) (move to advanced?)
- React Router v4 (EggHead)
Please give us a ★ to support the creation of a free content.