Modern Applications of Numerical Linear Algebra Methods
This is the collection of course materials for the GIAN Course Modern Applications of Numerical Linear Algebra Methods.
The course is scheduled from June 26, 2016 to July 5, 2016 at IIT Indore.
Here are some links:
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks
- List of Approved Courses
- Course Description
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
The course consists of three modules:
- Module A - Short Julia Course
- Module B - Eigenvalue and Singular Value Decompositions
- Module C - Applications
The course is presented through twenty one-hour lectures and ten two-hour tutorials.
- lectures start with
- tutorial assignments start with
- solutions to tutorial assignments start with
PDF files for the three modules are also provided.
To understand the author's concepts behind the creation of the course, read the Manifest.
The notebooks can be used in three ways:
Cloning the notebooks to your computer with the command (in Linux)
git clone https://github.com/ivanslapnicar/GIAN-Applied-NLA-Course
For Windows, you can install the GitHub Desktop and use it to clone the repository.
The notebooks are now located in the directory
GIAN-Applied-NLA-Course/src/and can be used interactively (you need to install Julia and Jupyter as described in the notebook L00 Installing and Running Julia). PDF files are in the directory
Executing the notebooks on JuliaBox:
- go to https://juliabox.org and sign in
- go to Sync
- paste the address
https://github.com/ivanslapnicar/GIAN-Applied-NLA-Courseinto Git Clone URL box
- check that the Branch is set to master
- check that JuliaBox Folder is set to GIAN-Applied-NLA-Course
- press + to add the repository
- press down arrow to synchronize the repository
go to IJulia
GIAN-Applied-NLA-Courseis now listed. The notebooks are located in the dircetory