Don't you love mongoDB. Don't you hate it literally drains your memory?
Well, mongoDB prefpane is a simple shortcut to start/stop the mongoDB daemon.
- Download the compressed binary version from the downloads page (prefered).
- Clone the source and compile the source, then run the .prefpane generated (check for it in ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData).
Just open the preference pane, and Sparkle will do the magic.
Edit the arguments, and choose the binary location, all from the UI (No more painful configuration :).
- Enable/disable start mongod on login (LaunchAgents)
- Enable/disable of a menu bar item for quick access
- It won't stop the daemon if it is running from a LaunchAgent.
Original DaemonController and MBSliderButton based in the ones made by Max Howell