- Version: 3.0.0 (beta)
- Author: Bryan Taylor (originally written by Matt McCray)
- Website: github.com/rubyisbeautiful/comatose
- Email: artofobjects at gmail dot com
Comatose is a micro CMS designed for being embedded into existing Rails applications.
It's intended for simple CMS support. Comatose supports
- Nested pages
- Page markup in Textile, Markdown, RDoc, or easily add your own
- Page processing through Liquid or ERb
- Generators for easy installation/migration
- Self-contained gem containing a Rails::Engine
It's meant to be lean, mean, easily embedded, and easy to re-skin for existing applications. If you need something more, I would recommend looking into Radiant, Mephisto, Refinery, BrowserCMS, or Locomotive.
For more information, see the Getting Started guide.
- Rails 3.0.x (3.0.9)
liquidgems are required (at the moment)
NOTE: This is a port of Comatose, which was last maintained in 2008. This branch of Comatose is built specifically for Rails 3. There is no legacy support.
- Make comatose fully self-contained, which means removing
ComatoseAdminControllerto reduce number of DB calls for building the page tree
Comatose.configureneeds to be an initializer (update docs)
- Give access to all the default rails helpers to Comatose Pages by default?
- UI refresh (nothing major, just some cleanup).
- RESTful goodness.
- Support XML/JSON responses from
- Support for static rendering (for generating sites like this blog).
Note: See the 'Upgrading' section if you already have an older version of the comatose plugin installed.
$ gem install comatose $ rails generate comatose $ rake db:migrate $ rails server
routes.rb and add the following:
That's it, you're ready to go! You should be able to browse to http://127.0.0.1:3000/en/comatose and start adding pages to your CMS. Browsing to http://127.0.0.1:3000/en will render your comatose pages if routing doesn't match any of your controllers.
You configure Comatose in your
config/intializers/comatose.rb file. Here is an example
Comatose.configure do |config| # Sets the text in the Admin UI's title area config.admin_title = "Site Content" config.admin_sub_title = "Content for the rest of us..." end
This gem is based on the work of Matt McCray, and other original Comatose contributers, as well as the following individuals, to whom Matt gave credit in the original README.markdown. Following are the specific libraries that are distributed with Comatose. If I've missed someone/something please let me know.
- Liquid by Tobias Luetke
- RedCloth by _why
- Acts as Versioned by Rick Olsen
- Behaviors by Atomic Object LLC -- very nice BDD-like testing library
I’ve released Comatose under the MIT license. Which basically means you can use it however you want.
Don't forget to read the Getting Started guide located on the RubyForge project site.
If you like it, hate it, or have some ideas for new features, let me know!
artofobjects at gmail dot com