ServerCloak is a light weight Intrusion detection and defense system works with windows firewall to protect any windows operating system from attacks that are intended to hack the server or provide any operational damage. By keeping eye on network activities and event viewer logs, ServerCloak capture and log any failed/denied inbound calls from IPv4 as well as IPv6. Once the calls reaches its limit, the service immediately tells windows firewall to block the attacking IP by adding a denial inbound firewall rule.
ServerCloak verifies and keep windows firewall enabled all the times. With having intrusion detections enabled and firewall defense system for windows ServerCloak protects the following windows features
- Mail Server
- Microsoft Sql Server
- File Transfer Protocol
- Remote Desktop Protocol TLS/SSL must be enabled to make the detection possible
- File Maker
- Windows Authentication (Other than Rdp)
- Routing and Remote Access
- Windows Firewall if firewall got disabled, ServerCloak re-enables it within minutes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or later. Developed and tested on Windows 8.1
- Windows server 2008 or later. Tested and deployed on Windows Server 2008 R2 & Windows Server 2012 R2 based production servers
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5, Latest version available here
- 1Ghz higher multi-core CPU, Intel Dual Core or better
- 1GB RAM
- Windows firewall must be installed, If not enabled ServerCloak will try to enable windows firewall automatically.
- This software uses Sql Server as back-end to save logs and enable developers to generate detailed reports.
- This is a 64 bit release, please contact me for 32bit or ia64 releases on my email: email@example.com
- This is not a setup, before using this utility please place all files in a ProgramFiles or any other folder of your choice.
- This utility uses Linq queries, so please install and configure database on Sql Server 2005 or higher.
- Database scripts are present in the DatabaseScripts.sql files.
- Update ConnectionString in ConnectionString.txt file
- Run ServerCloak.exe as Administrator, Enjoy
- To stop attacks and block the attackers plesae make sure your windows firewall is working.
- ServerCloak will keep your firewall enable all the time.