The Simple Image Access protocol (SIA) provides capabilities for the discovery, description, access, and retrieval of multi-dimensional image datasets, including 2-D images as well as datacubes of three or more dimensions.
The last stable version is REC-2.0.
SIA 2.0 ported to github
- SIA 2.0 became an IVOA recommendation on december the 23rd 2015
- Original source was an OpenOffice file
- Here can be found the result of porting this specification to GitHub
- Some changes in lay out of the document
- "Status of the document" section is automatically generated by ivoatex process
- Tables have a different rendering than in the original version
- References are using the "\citep" flavor. They are generally quoted only once, with a few exceptions when it is ambiguous. Original version used the "[n]" notation for each occurence of the publication to be quoted in the text.
- This porting has been made to allow authors to propose PR for identified errata and propose changes towards version 2.1
Want to contribute?
Raise a GitHub Issue on this repository
Fork this repository (eventually clone it on your machine if you want to)
Create a branch in your forked repository ; this branch should be named after the issue(s) to fix (for instance:
Commit suggested changes inside this branch
Create a Pull Request on the official repository (note: a
git pushis needed first, if you are working on a clone)
Wait for someone to review your Pull Request and accept it
This process has been described and demonstrated during the IVOA Interoperability Meeting of Oct. 2019 in Groningen ; see slides)
The IVOA Architecture document is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.