FbTerm - a fast FrameBuffer based TERMinal emulator for linux
FbTerm is a fast terminal emulator for linux with frame buffer device or VESA video card. Features include:
- mostly as fast as terminal of linux kernel while accelerated scrolling is enabled
- select font with fontconfig and draw text with freetype2, same as Qt/Gtk+ based GUI apps
- dynamicly create/destroy up to 10 windows initially running default shell
- record scrollback history for every window
- auto-detect current locale and convert text encoding, support double width scripts like Chinese, Japanese etc
- switch between configurable additional text encodings with hot keys on the fly
- copy/past selected text between windows with mouse when gpm server is running
- change the orientation of screen display, a.k.a. screen rotation
- lightweight input method framework with client-server architecture
- background image for eye candy
read man page doc/fbterm.1 for usage help.
Instead of adding input method directly in FbTerm, a client-server based input method framework is designed to do this work. FbTerm acts as a client, standalone IM program as a server, and they run in seperated processes.
If you want to develope a new IM program for FbTerm, there is a IM example in im/ directory, which help you to understand IM architecture and provide some base sources to simplify the development.