This directory contains all the scripts used for the analysis of bandwidth.
To use (requires access to all repos):
- Put this project in /root/jcw78/scripts
- Go to setup
- Run ./setup_machine.sh (Do this even if you expanded this from a tar archive)
- If this is a capture machine with an ExaNIC HPT, run ./setup_exanic_machine.sh
- If this machine uses a 10G solarflare NIC and needs a driver update, run ./install_sf_drivers.sh
- After setup_machine.sh is finished, the following folders will be in /root/jcw78:
- process_pcap_traces: start here to process expcap traces.
- SUMMER2017: The benchmarking infrastructure this project is built on top of. If you want to add new benchmarks, start here and go to SUMMER2017/apps/benchmark
- pcap_files: a set of generated pcap files for use during testing.
- NRG-dev: APIs for the NRG.
- NetFPGA-SUME-live + OSTN-SUME-line:
ALTERNATIVE (repos already cloned):
- Unzip environment.tar into /root/jcw78
- Then follow the normal setup :)
After that is done, - setup/: This contains scripts to set up machines. Some scripts may need modification for your system: those are explained clearly in the README there. Start here, or do steps 1-5 above to setup your machines. - apps: This contains scripts used to run and capture from the benchmark suite. If you are looking to run a capture, start here. - evaluation: This contains scripted tests to analyze the correctness, accuracy and precision of a capture setup. If you are looking to analyze an experimental setup, start here. - hpt_setup: This contains Exablaze capture software and drivers. If you are looking to create a bespoke analysis of Expcap traces, start here (If you are looking to repeat an existing analysis, start in process_pcap_traces -- see above). - bitfiles: This contains bitfiles for OSNT and the NRG. - dag: This contains scripts to start and stop the Endace DAG recording. - hpt: Contains scripts to start and stop the HPT recodring and manage clock synchronization. - nrg: Scripts to set rate and delay. - general: This contains bash libraries loaded by other scripts. - HPT_test/: This contains scripts used to test the HPT card. Some scripts may need to be run after every reboot. -
Every directory has a
config file and a
README. You should start at the README, then edit the config file as appropriate.