This repository contains a project for retrieving, storing, and visualizing data from
the Steam Community API. It's self contained, so all you should need to do is clone it,
then import the
steam-viz folder into an Eclipse workspace.
To run the scraper, execute the main method in the UserScrapeTool class. This requires two arguments:
(1) an input file containing steam IDs to retreive data for, and (2) a prefix for an output file.
You'll also need to provide a system property
steam.viztools.apikey containing a valid
Steam Community API key.
Results are written into the 'data' folder.
- Currently, only Steam data retrieval is supported, via the SteamScraper class.
- All dependencies are currently packaged with the project. Will be moving to Maven in the future.
- This project grew out of a quick throw-away, so there are currently no unit tests.
- It's a work in progress :) Apologies for omissions, bugs etc.