Export from phpBB 2.x
Clone this wiki locally
I used this script to export my old phpBB to sfDoctrineSimpleForumPlugin.
First of all, it is really experimental!! I used it almost one year ago, and it works perfectly for my need. As it can help people who want to migrate (and asked me), I added it.
How it works
- It request the database using (almost) the same queries as phpBB to retrieve content (users, categories, forums, topics, posts).
- Then it prepare an array of all items to have a nice yaml structure
- Finally it prints the yaml
No direct update to your project database, only
Things to update / know
There are few variables or definition to take care when using this script.
- forum is located in ./forum (
- prefix table in the database is forum (
- the SGBD is MySQL
- it use sfGuard as user management system and a defined
- only 3 level of users is supported (admin, moderator, user) - which mean, 3 groups and 3 permissions
I recommend you to try each part step by step :)