CSS Optimization Basics: An Open Living Book
You have two options to get the book.
- You can read the book here, for free.
- You can purchase a nicer electronic copy for a small amount.
In the first and initial version of CSS Optimization Basics, there are probably some errors and typos and everything. There will also be more that not only could but should be said about CSS optimization. (Note that the book is a lot about the craft and the basics of writing CSS though.)
Because of this early state of things, note two other options:
- File an issue for every problem you find—and get mentioned as a book contributor.
- Submit a pull request for specific fixes and suggestions—and, if accepted, get mentioned as a book contributor, too.
With increasing quality and maturity of the book, the price of ebook may go up (probably only up to the price of some of Jens’s self-published books). That still won’t be much for a tech book, even a short one, but the idea is to give those who buy a copy a good deal. Remember that everyone can always grab the free version or an update here, so whoever’s purchasing a copy—and that would greatly help Jens’s work—please keep that in mind, as book updates may or may not be available for any editions of the book appearing on sale anywhere outside of Leanpub.
This just for a start. The book is open as everything’s public and free, and it’s living as it’s going to be maintained both by Jens as well as everyone who likes to help make it better.
As of October, 2018, I’m planning the following major additions and updates for CSS Optimization Basics:
- a chapter about CSS optimization and respective modules for Node.js
(For other suggestions, please contact me or file an issue—thank you!)