Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What are custom tools
Custom tools are external applications or scripts that can be called from zim. This allows you to write scripts that modify a page or a notebook without having to write a full plugin.
To define a custom tool go to Tools -> Custom Tools in the menu.
- Generates a “mindmap” out of indented text in a zim page: text2mindmap custom tool
- Remove the manual line breaks of simple text emails: remove line breaks custom tool
- Archive websites linked from your notebook: Zim Archivist Custom tool
- Move unfinished tasks in the Calendar namespace to the next day: Calendar tasks to tomorrow Custom tool
- Execute Groovy script in a zim page: Groovy script custom tool
- Count words in all pages of a branch of the Notebook, useful for Novel writer: count_word.sh custom tool