Clone this wiki locally
What are custom tools
Custom tools are external applications or scripts that can be called from zim. This allows you to write scripts that modify a page or a notebook without having to write a full plugin.
To define a custom tool go to Tools -> Custom Tools in the menu.
- Generates a “mindmap” out of indented text in a zim page: text2mindmap custom tool
- Remove the manual line breaks of simple text emails: remove line breaks custom tool
- Archive websites linked from your notebook: Zim Archivist Custom tool
- Move unfinished tasks in the Calendar namespace to the next day: Calendar tasks to tomorrow Custom tool
- Execute Groovy script in a zim page: Groovy script custom tool
- Count words in all pages of a branch of the Notebook, useful for Novel writer: count_word.sh custom tool