Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Install gtksourceview2 on Windows and Linux for Source View plugin
This chapter describes the installation of the gtksourceview2 on Windows which is required to use the "Source View" (Codeblokken) plugin.
Note: gtksourceview2 is currently not available in the Windows Release 0.62 http://www.glump.net/software/zim-windows. Release 0.63 for Windows includes GtkSourceView.
A workaround is to install:
- A PyGTK package which includes the gtksourceview2
- Zim full source.
- Download and install Python 2:
- Download and install PyGTK all in one with PyGtkSourceView2:
- Important: Check PyGtkSourceView2 2.10.1 in the installation window.
- Extract the Zim full source into C:\Program Files (x86)\zim-0.62:
- Create a new shortcut, or start Zim from the command prompt:
- C:\Python27\pythonw.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\zim-0.62\zim.py"
- Goto chapter "Source View plugin usage" below.
This chapter describes the gtksourceview2 installation on Linux.
- Download and install Zim:
- Run in in command prompt:
$ sudo apt-get install python-gtksourceview2
$ sudo dnf install pygtksourceview
- Start Zim:
- $ zim
Source View plugin usage
- Enable the Source View plugin:
- Edit > Preferences > Plugins > Check: Source View > OK
- Note: The installation was not successful when Source View is grayed out and gtksourciew2 red colored.
- Insert a new code block:
- Insert > Code Block
- Set a language
- Enter your source code