Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Install on OS X using Platypus
How to install zim on Mac OS X and create also Zim.app to run it easier.
- Download the needed packages:
- ZIM source: http://zim-wiki.org/downloads.html
- PyGTK (this will make your zim window look nicer compared to using the Mac Ports option): http://sourceforge.net/projects/macpkg/files/PyGTK/2.24.0/PyGTK.pkg/download
- Platypus (this will create an app from your zim source directory): http://sveinbjorn.org/platypus
Install PYGTK.pkg (like a normal package: continue, continue, install, put your password, done).
Run Platypus and put the following:
- Icon: Drag any icon you like or keep the default one if you do not mind
- App Name: Zim
- Script Type: Bash
- Script Path: choose New and put the following line inside (replace echo 'Hello, World'): ../Resources/zim-0.60/zim.py
- Output: none
- Identifier: default
- Author: as default (usually your name)
- Version: as you wish
- Uncheck all four options
- Files to be bundled into the application's Resources folder: add the folder of zim source.
Click on Create button in Patypus, and your Zim.app will be created in the choosen directory. Enjoy!