Jabber Open Source Server (2.x)
Thanks for downloading jabberd2. Below are some basic instructions to get you started. Complete documentation is available at http://jabberd2.org/
-- the jabberd team
- expat - XML parsing libraries http://expat.sourceforge.net/
- GnuSASL (1.1 or higher) - Simple Authentication and Security Layer library http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/
- UDNS - asynchronous DNS resolver library http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/udns.html
- GNU Libidn (0.3.0 or higher) - needed for JID canonicalisation http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/
- OpenSSL (0.9.6b or higher) - needed for SSL/TLS support http://www.openssl.org/news/
- zlib (1.2.3 or higher) - needed for stream compression http://www.zlib.net/
- Berkeley DB (4.1.24 or higher) http://www.sleepycat.com/download/
- OpenLDAP (2.1.0 or higher) http://www.openldap.org/software/download/
- PostgresSQL (8.0 or higher; development libraries and headers) http://www.postgresql.org/
- MySQL (5.0 or higher; development libraries and headers) http://www.mysql.com/
- PAM http://www.linux-pam.org/ (for Linux)
- SQLite (3.0 or higher) http://www.sqlite.org/
- http-parser http://github.com/nodejs/http-parser
% ./configure % make % make install
Options to ./configure:
% ./configure --help [...]
Edit $prefix/etc/(router|sm|c2s|s2s).xml to taste. In particular, make sure you setup for your choice of data storage correctly. If you're using the Berkeley DB backend, you'll need to create /var/run/jabberd and sets its permissions so that the server processes can find it.
If you're using a SQL backend, you'll need to create an account for the server to use, and create the tables. Load db-setup.mysql or db-setup.pgsql from the tools/ directory into your database to do this.
If you plan to use the jabberd wrapper script, make sure you look at the paths in the $prefix/etc/jabber/jabberd.cfg.
You can either run all of the pieces separately:
% $prefix/bin/router & % $prefix/bin/s2s & % $prefix/bin/sm & % $prefix/bin/c2s &
Or you can run them all from the jabberd wrapper script:
% $prefix/jabberd &
All the processes can take the following switches:
-c use an alternate config file -D output lots of debugging info (if compiled with --enable-debug)
Please see NEWS file.
- Webpage: http://jabberd2.org/
- Mailinglist: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subscribe by sending mail to email@example.com)
When requesting assistance, please note that the following things can provide useful information which may assist with finding your problem:
- debug logs (compile with --enable-debug and run with -D)
- running components seperately (ie without the wrapper script)
Please try to provide as much relevant information as possible when reporting problems - it will make helping you much easier.
Copyright & License:
jabberd - Jabber Open Source Server Copyright (c) 2002-2012 Jeremie Miller, Thomas Muldowney, Ryan Eatmon, Robert Norris, Tomasz Sterna. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA02111-1307USA As a special exception, the authors give permission to link this program with the OpenSSL library and distribute the resulting binary.
subst/snprintf.c and util/base64.c were originally taken from the Apache web server project. Originally copyright (c) 1995-2003 Apache Software Foundation.
util/md5.c was taken from Ghostscript. Originally copyright (c) 1999-2002 Aladdin Enterprises.
util/sha1.c was taken from Mozilla. Originally copyright (c) 1995-1999 Cryptography Research, Inc.
subst/getopt.[ch] was taken from GNU Libc. Originally copyright (c) 1987-1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
subst/gettimeofday.c was taken from PostgreSQL. Originally copyright (c) 2003 SRA, Inc. & SKC, Inc.
subst/syslog.[ch] was taken from Bind. Originally copyright (c) 2001 Internet Software Consortium.
subst/inet_aton.c Originally copyright (c) 1995-1997 Kungliga Teniska Hogskolan
subst/ip6_misc.h Originally copyright (c) 1993,1994,1997 The Regents of the University of California.
subst/dirent.[ch] Originally copyright (c) 1997,2003 Kevlin Henney.