Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- Automated builds for macOS and Windows (see jackaudio/jack2-releases repository)
- Adapt wscript Windows build configuration to match old v1.9.11 installer
- Bump maximum default number of clients and ports (now 256 clients and 2048 ports)
- Delete various macOS and Windows-related files from the source code (no longer relevant)
- Mark JACK-Session as deprecated, please use NSM instead
- Remove unnecessary GPL include from LGPL code
- Split example-clients and tools, as done in JACK1 many years ago (WIP)
- Write Windows registry key during installation, so 3rd parties can find jackd.exe (as HKLM\Software\JACK\Location)
- jack_control: Fix handling of dbus bytes
- jack_control: Return a proper exit status on DBus exception
- jack_property: Fix possible crash with "-l" argument usage
- jack_wait: Add client name option -n/--name
- Fix compilation of documentation
- Fix compilation of mixed mode with meta-data enabled
- Fix compilation with mingw
- Fix client-side crash if initial meta-data DB setup fails
- Fix macOS semaphore usage, so it works again
- Several fixes for Windows (with contributions from Kjetil S. Matheussen)
- Several minor fixes and grammar corrections (with contributions from Adam Miartus and Timo Wischer)
- Fix ARM build
- Fix mixed mode build when meta-data is enabled
- Fix blocking DBus device reservation, so it plays nice with others (like PipeWire)
- Use python3 for the waf build scripts
- Meta-data API implementation. (and a few tools updated with support for it)
- Correct GPL licence to LGPL for files needed to build libjack.
- Remove FreeBoB backend (superseded by FFADO).
- define JACK_LIB_EXPORT, useful for internal clients.
- Mark jack_midi_reset_buffer as deprecated.
- Add example systemd unit file
- Signal to systemd when jackd is ready.
- Set "seq" alsa midi driver to maximum resolution possible.
- Fix loading internal clients from another internal client.
- Code cleanup and various fixes. (too many to mention here, see git log for details)
- Fix Windows build issues
- Fix build with gcc 7
- Show hint when DBus device reservation fails
- Add support for internal session files
Various corrections in NetJack2 code.
Partial buffers can now be transmitted with libjacknet API.
Including S24_LE/BE formats to linux ALSA driver.
More robust shared memory allocator.
Allow autostart of jackd on OSX where device-names can contain spaces.
Correct CoreAudio devices aggregation code.
Waf and wscripts improvement and update.
More flexible RT priority setup on Windows.
Various fixes in JACK MIDI code.
Fix return value of SetTimebaseCallback().
Correct netmanager latency reporting.
Implement new jack_port_rename and JackPortRenameCallback API.
For OSX El Capitan support, use of Posix semaphore and move of Frameworks in /Library folder.
Fix CPU hogging of the midi_thread().
Release audio devices when alsa_driver_new fails.
String management fix.
Correct JackDriver::Open : call to fGraphManager->SetBufferSize has to use current fEngineControl->fBufferSize value.
Use ARM neon intrinsics for AudioBufferMixdown.
Fix Netjack alignment.
Various wscript improvements and cleanup.
Fix initialization of several class variables.
Heap-allocate client matrix in topo sort.
Add a toggle command to transport utility, to allow toggling between play and stop state.
Avoid side effects from parsing of "version" option in jackd.
Allow firewire device be selected via -d.
Add ARM-NEON acceleration for all non-dithering sample conversion functions.
Add jack_simdtest utility. Use Linux futex as JackSynchro.
Add autoclose option to jack_load.