Welcome to the JACK Audio Connection Kit wiki!
Notice: this wiki is undergoing renovation, not all content is currently up-to-date. Drop into IRC for the latest.
Guides and walk-throughs
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit - general overview
- Demystifying JACK – A Beginners Guide to Getting Started with JACK - Libre Music Production
- Past, Present and Future of the JACK Audio Connection Kit - video, talk by falkTX at Sonoj 2019
- Sound Engineers Guide to Jackd (jack-idiots_guide.txt)
- jack_control walkthrough - Python tool to control JACK2 server
- On JACK client threads
- List of JACK Frame & Period settings ideal for USB interface - (Frames/Sample Rate) * Period = Theoretical (or Math-derived) Latency
- Latency Measurement Results
- Balancing Performance and Reliability in Jack
- List of JACK Frame [or Buffer] & Period settings ideal for USB interface
- Cgroups - for a realtime kernel configuration
- JACK and Headphones - duplicate outputs at ALSA level
- ALSA in/out - use more than one soundcard with jackd
- JACK and Pulseaudio
- PulseAudio and Jack
- How to replace Pulseaudio with Jack, Jack and PulseAudio Together as Friend - Manjaro Linux Forum
jack_transport> ? activate Call jack_activate(). exit Exit transport program. deactivate Call jack_deactivate(). help Display help text [<command>]. locate Locate to frame <position>. master Become timebase master [<conditionally>]. play Start transport rolling. quit Synonym for 'exit'. release Release timebase. stop Stop transport. tempo Set beat tempo <beats_per_min>. timeout Set sync timeout in <seconds>. ? Synonym for `help'. echo play |jack_transport # pass a command to execute. tempo change doesn't work via this method.
- timebase.py - query and manipulate JACK transport state and provide timebase information using jackclient-python.
- jacktransportloop - forces the Jack transport to loop between two time-points.
- https://github.com/ycollet/qtmiditrans - translates midi events into jack transport
- jack-trans2midi - converts jack transport into midi clock messages.
- JackCtlMMC/QJackMMC - allow MIDI Machine Control (MMC) to drive JACK transport.
- https://github.com/rncbc/jack_link - a JACK transport timebase prototype bridge to Ableton Link.
- https://github.com/ventosus/jack_osc - Open Sound Control (OSC) via Jack
Install and packaging
- JACK API reference (doxygen)
- jack2 source code guide
- jack1 source code guide
- JACK API differences - changes between jack1 and jack2
- Repository layout
- JACK Metadata
- jack2/JackMetadata.cpp at develop · jackaudio/jack2
- jack-property-listener.py - Listen to and print JACK client/port meta-data changes.
- https://github.com/drobilla/jackey - a simple define-only header that serves as an ad-hoc standard for Jack Metadata property keys.
JACK2 package commands:
jack_alias jack_bufsize jack_control jack_cpu jack_cpu_load jack_disconnect jack_evmon jack_freewheel jack_iodelay jack_latent_client jack_load jack_metro jack_midi_dump jack_midi_latency_test jack_midiseq jack_midisine jack_monitor_client jack_multiple_metro jack_net_master jack_net_slave jack_netsource jack_rec jack_samplerate jack_server_control jack_session_notify jack_showtime jack_simple_client jack_simple_session_client jack_test jack_thru jack_transport jack_unload jack_wait jack_zombie
- https://github.com/SpotlightKid/jack-audio-tools - collection of utilities and tools for the JACK audio ecosystem
- https://github.com/Gimmeapill/xruncounter - measure jack xruns and evaluate the overall performance of a system
- https://github.com/7890/jack_tools - playground for JACK tools and experiments
- Jacktools - Realtime Audio Processors as Python Classes - video [*]
QjackCtl - a simple Qt application to control the JACK sound server [*]
- https://github.com/brummer10/pajackconnect - script to be invoked via QjackCtl to make JACK with with PulseAudio [*]
- https://github.com/SpotlightKid/jack-select - systray application to quickly change the JACK configuration from QjackCtl presets via DBus
- https://github.com/kmatheussen/qjackctl_macos - script to build on macos
- Cadence - a set of tools useful for audio production [*]
- https://github.com/be1/jackie - a small jack daemon controller
- https://github.com/progwolff/jackman - Collection of scripts that help managing multiple audio interfaces with Jack.
- https://github.com/jack-mixer/jack_mixer - a GTK+ JACK audio mixer app with look similar to its hardwarecounterpart. It has lot of useful features, apart from being able to mixmultiple JACK audio streams.
- https://github.com/wineasio/wineasio - provides an ASIO to JACK driver for WINE
- https://github.com/Barrett17/libjackcompat - experimental media_kit compatibility layer