A minimal three.js ES6 starter project that uses webpack.
validateschema error when running
yarn dev, try downgrading
2.0.0. It seems a bug that affects only webpack-dev-server.
- ES6 support with babel-loader
- CSS support with style-loader and css-loader
- SASS support with sass-loader
- Code formatting with prettier
- SASS linting with sass-lint
- Controls with orbit-controls-es6
- GUI with dat.GUI
- GLSL shaders support via webpack-glsl-loader
- Tests with jest, jest-dom
- Webpack configuration with:
git clone email@example.com:jackdbd/threejs-es6-webpack-starter.git cd threejs-es6-webpack-starter yarn
webpack-dev-server (all bundles will be served from memory)
localhost:8080 to see your project live!
localhost:8888 to analyze your webpack bundles with
Generate all js/css bundles
Check outdated dependencies
I understood how to work with lights and camera helpers thanks to this snippet on JSFiddle.
The code for
fragmentShader.glsl is taken from
this blog post.
The star used in the particle system is the PNG preview of this image by Offnfopt (Public domain or CC0, via Wikimedia Commons).