This is a simple command-line-interface BitTorrent client coded in the go programming language.
- Supports multiple torrent files
- Magnet links
- UDP trackers
- UPnP / NAT-PMP automatic firewall configuration
- Socks5 proxy support
- It can act as a tracker if you start it with the --createTracker flag
Q: Why is it named Taipei Torrent?
A: I started writing it while visiting beautiful Taipei, Taiwan
Q: What is the license?
A: See the LICENSE file.
- Tested on Go 1.3
- Tested on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
- People tell me they've run it on Android, too.
- Full UPnP support (need to be able to search for an unused listener port, detect we have already acquired the port, defend the report against router reboots, release the listener port when we quit.)
- Clean up source code
- Deal with TODOs
- Perhaps a web-based status UI.
Download, Install, and Build Instructions
Download and install the Go tools from http://golang.org
Use the "go" command to download, install, and build the Taipei-Torrent app:
go get github.com/jackpal/Taipei-Torrent
Taipei-Torrent mydownload.torrent Taipei-Torrent --useDHT "magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bbb6db69965af769f664b6636e7914f8735141b3"
https://github.com/jackpal/bencode-go - Bencode encoder/decoder
http://code.google.com/p/go-nat-pmp - NAT-PMP firewall client
https://github.com/hailiang/gosocks - SOCKS5 proxy support
https://github.com/nictuku/dht - Distributed Hash Table
https://github.com/nictuku/nettools - Network utilities