Originally Written by Jacob Burch <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 7/6/2009
Modified by Olivier Hervieu <email@example.com>
Updated for Prowl API 1.2 by Ken Pepple, 3/5/2011
Python module for posting to the iPhone Push Notification service Prowl: http://www.prowlapp.com/
The socket module must be compiled with SSL support.
Coming Backwards Incompatible Changes for 0.6
- Anything referencing '*apikey' will be renamed to api_key
- the package is now in a prowlpy directory, not python. the python directory will be removed
- changed demo variables names
- changed to VERSION from __version__
- removed __author__ et al. variables from the packages
- cleaned up the installation setup
- updated return values of retrieve_apikey and retrieve_token
- updated for prowl API v1.2
- added retrieve_apikey and retrieve_token
- add new example script
- added url support for post
- Remove httplib2 dependency, add providerkey support.
- Got rid of Now-uncessary URL Encoding.
- Working on incorporating forked changes while not totally breaking backward compatibility with the vanilla add function
- Adding priority setting
- Removed debug code
- Added Prowl.add alias for Post
- Switched post to use (oddly enough) POST instead of GET
- Added a Prowl.veryify_key method
- Changed to handle the new API system.
- Basic working module
- Test against character-limits.
- More detailed Exceptions based on the returned XML document