Table of Contents
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Reference - An under-the-hood peek at what the module is doing and how
- Getting help - Some Helpful commands
This module provides the upgrade task. This allows you to install all available package updates with the ability to specify packages to exclude.
This module is compatible with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Bolt.
- To run tasks with Puppet Enterprise, PE 2017.3 or later must be installed on the machine from which you are running task commands. Machines receiving task requests must be Puppet agents.
- To run tasks with Puppet Bolt, Bolt 0.5 or later must be installed on the machine from which you are running task commands. Machines receiving task requests must have SSH
To run a package task, use the task command, specifying the action and the name of the package.
- With PE on the command line, run
puppet task run upgrade exclude=<PACKAGES_TO_EXCLUDE>.
- With Bolt on the command line, run
bolt task run upgrade exclude=<PACKAGES_TO_EXCLUDE>.
You can also run tasks in the PE console. See PE task documentation for complete information.
To view the available actions and parameters, on the command line, run
puppet task show upgrade.
This is where you list OS compatibility, version compatibility, etc. If there are Known Issues, you might want to include them under their own heading here.
Since your module is awesome, other users will want to play with it. Let them know what the ground rules for contributing are.
Release Notes/Contributors/Etc. Optional
If you aren't using changelog, put your release notes here (though you should consider using changelog). You can also add any additional sections you feel are necessary or important to include here. Please use the