Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
Jaeger Backend Release Process
- Create a PR "Preparing release X.Y.Z" against master branch (example) by updating CHANGELOG.md to include:
- A new section with the header
- A curated list of notable changes and links to PRs. Do not simply dump git log, select the changes that affect the users.
- The section can be split into sub-section if necessary, e.g. UI Changes, Backend Changes, Bug Fixes, etc.
- After the PR is merged, create a release on Github:
- Title "Release X.Y.Z"
vX.Y.Z (note the
- Copy the new CHANGELOG.md section into the release notes
- The release tag will trigger a build of the docker images
- Once the images are available on Docker Hub, announce the release on the mailing list, gitter, and twitter.
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.