Stable release at http://idiotproofed.com.
Idiot Proofed was made so we'd never have to open InDesign again. It works best locally, where gulp can watch for changes to fonts. On font selection Idiot Proofed takes a wild guess at where you're at in your proofing process, what opentype features are available in your font, and delivers proofing material accordingly.
- Hamburgers — minumum rhythm sense character set
- Spacing — basic character set,
NOnospacing control sets, and trio spacing controls
- Pangram - basic character set in panagrams
- Kerning - wider character set, common kerning problems, kerning trios, furniture
- Features - auto generated demonstration of features
How To Install Locally
Clone this repository. If you have node installed and gulp installed go ahead and get the party started:
- Not extensively browser tested
- No server storage is used, fonts are stored in your browser, then embedded directly from there into a PDF that is unaccessable to us. Preferences are saved via browser
This entire thing is possible thanks to the work of many many other people.
- Most thanks to Pablo Impallari's Font Testing Page which has been down for several months and forced us to come up with a replacement.
- Latin02 Diacritics tabs from Context of Diacritics
Code is available under the MIT License, see license.md for full details