Biblio Mendeley Module
This module adds, updates and deletes documents on Mendeley as they get changed in a Drupal Biblio installation. It has a synchronization feature which updates the local Biblio nodes imported from Mendeley automatically.
To contact Mendeley you need the Mendeley API client. I recommend installing it to DRUPAL_ROOT/sites/all/libraries/.
- Activate Biblio in Drupal
- Activate Biblio Mendeley (this module) in Drupal
- Go to http://www.yourdomain.tld/admin/settings/biblio-mendeley and insert your Mendeley API information (If you don't have an API Customer account yet, get it from the Mendeley developer website. You need this one and your normal Mendeley login Account)
- Set user permissions for biblio mendeley on http://www.yourdomain.tld/admin/user/permissions
- (optional) If you want all documents to go in a specific Mendeley group rather than your private library, set the group id on the Biblio Mendeley settings page. (On mendeley.com you find the group id when you click on "group details": it's in the URL like this: http://www.mendeley.com/groups/ID-HERE/)
- (optional) If you want a synchronization of mendeley <> node tags (in addition to mendeley <> biblio keywords), choose a vocabulary in Biblio Mendeley settings.
- On your first action, you need to authenticate your consumer key from Mendeley with your Mendeley web account. You can do this by opening http://www.yourdomain.tld/admin/settings/biblio-mendeley/synchronize.
Biblio to Mendeley Type Converting
Not all Biblio publication types are supported by Mendeley and vice-versa. They are mapped like this:
// biblio types in the mendeley api BIBLIO_BILL => 'Bill', BIBLIO_BOOK => 'Book', BIBLIO_BOOK_CHAPTER => 'Book Section', BIBLIO_BROADCAST => 'Television Broadcast', BIBLIO_CASE => 'Case', BIBLIO_CONFERENCE_PROCEEDINGS => 'Conference Proceedings', BIBLIO_FILM => 'Film', BIBLIO_HEARING => 'Hearing', BIBLIO_JOURNAL_ARTICLE => 'Journal Article', BIBLIO_MAGAZINE_ARTICLE => 'Magazine Article', BIBLIO_NEWSPAPER_ARTICLE => 'Newspaper Article', BIBLIO_PATENT => 'Patent', BIBLIO_SOFTWARE => 'Computer Program', BIBLIO_STATUTE => 'Statute', BIBLIO_THESIS => 'Thesis', BIBLIO_WEB_ARTICLE => 'Web Page', // biblio types not yet in the mendeley api: BIBLIO_ARTWORK => 'Generic', BIBLIO_AUDIOVISUAL => 'Generic', BIBLIO_CHART => 'Generic', BIBLIO_CLASSICAL => 'Generic', BIBLIO_CONFERENCE_PAPER => 'Generic', BIBLIO_DATABASE => 'Generic', BIBLIO_GOVERNMENT_REPORT => 'Generic', BIBLIO_LEGAL_RULING => 'Generic', BIBLIO_MANUSCRIPT => 'Generic', BIBLIO_MAP => 'Generic', BIBLIO_MISCELLANEOUS => 'Generic', BIBLIO_MISCELLANEOUS_SECTION => 'Generic', BIBLIO_PERSONAL => 'Generic', BIBLIO_REPORT => 'Generic', BIBLIO_UNPUBLISHED => 'Generic', // mendeley api types not supported by biblio: // ??? => 'Encyclopedia Article'; // ??? => 'Working Paper'; ?>
© 2010-2013 Jakob Stoeck
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.