Bhasha (भाषा) is a repository of algorithmic implementations of language functions specially for non-English Languages. Other Indian language lovers can contribute. This repository is established to create or improve funtions which facilitates language processing in non-english languages.
Invite all Indian language lovers to contribute to this repository
How can everyone contribute
- Linguists: People who know language grammer can contribute by outlining rules e.g. sound rules for similar sounding words (करता-कर्ता), equivalence (कर्म, करम but not क्रम). Language construct rules-the grammer (व्याकरण). You can contribute to building a words database of any language can contribute a ton to this project.
- Programmers, Computer Science scolars: Bring on implementations to some of known linguistic functions of say # spellcheck # levenshtein distance (, # soundex - Calculate the soundex key of a string, # similar_text - Calculate the similarity between two strings, # metaphone - Calculate the metaphone key of a string). Many a times it could be rather easy to imlement Machine Learning, Bring on that insights where to draw line. The performace
- First level directory is language directory (e.g. 'Hindi', 'Tamil', 'Telugu')
- Second level directory: Linguistic rules + Computer Language (e.g 'php', 'python') e.g Bhasha->Tamil->Linguistic Rules; Bhasha->Tamil->php
- Choice of programming language is open
Acknoledgement and Credits
- Do provide necessary acknoledgement and credits where ever you have used or taken inspiration from.
To start with
I like the work in spanish by Israel J. Sustaita at http://www.ojocaliente.net/spanish_metaphone.php
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2016 SurAurGeet.com https://suraurgeet.com/ Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.