In a lost corner in the infinite expanse of outer space, a threat powerful enough to destroy life as we know it is gaining momentum and only you can stop it! Destroy your enemies, merge their powers together and use their abilities against them in order to defeat the relentless horde and save the galaxy! Only by harnessing the power of light and color and by outwitting and outmaneuvering your rivals can you hope to survive.
This game mixes a traditional shoot ‘em up genre with color-combining gameplay. Kill enemies and absorb their powerups to acquire new colors and competences. Then use those colors to take down the target core.
This game is built using the Microsoft XNA 4.0 Game Engine.
You must first have the following applications/components installed on your development machine to build the game from source code :
- Windows 7 OS (Warning: you won't be able to build the phone version of the game on a windows 8 machine.)
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1
- XNA Game Studio 4.0 Refresh
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update
Copy the file spectrum/spectrumContent/fonts/Minecraftia.ttf to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory
- Open the spectrum.sln file with Visual Studio
- Go to Debug -> Start Without Debugging
- Nicholas Constantinidis (ncik)
- Maël Nison (arcanis)
- Audrey Paiement (jallarzie)
- Robson Andy Razafindramary (rz-robsn)
Player ship : clayster2005 (http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showuser=32353)
Enemy ships :
- Astrominer Sprites (http://opengameart.org/content/astrominer-sprites)
- Space ship building bits, volume 1 (http://opengameart.org/content/space-ship-building-bits-volume-1)
Power Core : Remastered Tyrian Graphics, Daniel Cook (http://www.lostgarden.com/2007/04/free-game-graphics-tyrian-ships-and.html)
Power Up : Ville Seppanen (http://opengameart.org/content/gem-jewel-diamond-glass)
Thumbstick : Plateau (http://opengameart.org/content/hexalium)
Retro Evolved 2 Megamix: 46860 Choices, Chris Chudley, Bizarre Creations.