Our main goal was to create the landing page of the WDI Conf experience. This page allows attendees to view details of any of the planned presentations at the conference held at GA Melbourne. Working as a team the WDI-10 class created the official WDI Conf online experience™.
- Location and Conference Information
- Timetable and Title of Presentations/Talks
- Speakers Profiles
- Build System - NPM Package Manager, Gulp Task Runner, Browser Sync
- App Bot - NodeJS, Express, Wit.ai, Socket.io
An initial group meeting helped to divide tasks based on experience and preference. There was a group brainstorm session that led to the creating of a layout. Below is a breakdown of how tasks were divided.
- James and Tess worked on front end development logic
- Jaime Front End Design
- Tya and Sergio worked on Bot Logic
- Thomas worked on README
It was also necessary to implement a system by which users could purchase tickets for the event.
An application that allow attendees to view and book a seat(s) at any of the planned presentations at the conference held at GA Melbourne.
Ticketing was arranged by the use of the third party event management system Eventbrite. Jaime created an account to setup ticketing, and embedded to provided code to allow for ticketing.
- Limited time constraints
- Dynamics of working in a larger team
- In retrospect we would have used a project management software such as Trello to help with organisation
- The project would have benefited from the use of a project leader/coordinator to help guide logistics
Future Expansion (Stretch Goals)
- Fully responsive mobile friendly design
- Would prefer to change over from the use of Modals to dynamic in page content