balsa (logging utility)
Simple to use package that sets up Python logging. With just a few lines of code get well formatted logging to the console, log file, popup windows and exception services.
Here is a short Presentation on Balsa.
pip install balsa
- Simple to use. Add full-featured Python logging in just a few lines of code.
- Sane default log levels. Single verbose flag. (All levels can be overridden if desired.)
- Both console (stdout) and GUI (popup window) support.
- Log file support. Uses appdirs for log file paths.
- Sentry support. Just provide your Sentry DSN.
- Informative log message formatting (or you can change it if you like).
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS). Pure Python.
from balsa import get_logger, Balsa application_name = 'example' log = get_logger(application_name) def main(): balsa = Balsa(application_name, 'james abel') balsa.init_logger() log.error('my error example')
This will yield output of this form:
2018-04-15 11:25:58,507 - example - balsa_simple_example.py - 12 - main - ERROR - my error example
- 0.6 : Add rate control to popup windows. Automated GUI testing.
- 0.5 : Allow more than one logger.
- 0.3 : Initial release.
Where did the name come from?
Balsa lumber is very soft and light, with a coarse, open grain. The Balsa package is light weight, malleable, and open source.