jQuery Code Hinting and Autocompletion in Notepad++
This project consists of user-defined language files for the Notepad++ source code editor designed to add code hinting and autocompletion for jQuery methods.
- Download both userDefineLang_jQuery.xml and jquery.xml
- Locate your Notepad++ installation directory and open up userDefineLang.xml
- If the file is currently empty you don't have any user defined languages and you can simply replace the file with userDefineLang_jQuery.xml and rename it to userDefineLang.xml
- If the file already has user defined languages in it you will need to merge it with userDefineLang_jQuery.xml.
- Copy the contents of userDefineLang_jQuery.xml and paste it at the bottom of the existing userDefineLang.xml
- Remove the superfluous `` at the point at which you pasted in the new content
- Save and close this file
- Open up the plugins/APIs directory and move the jquery.xml file into this location
- Start up Notepad++. Select "Language" from the toolbar and then "jQuery" from the bottom
- If "jQuery" does not appear in the list click on "View" followed by "User-Defined Dialogue..."
- In the User-Defined Dialogue click "Import" and select the userDefineLang.xml file
- Close the dialogue and restart the application. jQuery should now appear in the Language menu