Available at reddit.jamesbarnett.io
Reddit-lite is written in Kotlin using the Spring Boot framework. You will need Java 8 or later to run it.
git clone https://github.com/jamesbarnett91/reddit-lite && cd reddit-lite ./gradlew run
Alternatively, you can pull the
jbarnett/reddit-lite docker image and run that.
docker run --name reddit-lite -d -p 8080:8080 jbarnett/reddit-lite
Then navigate to
localhost:8080 in your browser.
Or go to reddit.jamesbarnett.io) for a hosted version.
option to hide thumbnails[done] collapsible comments[done]
- async load of deeply nested comments
- sort posts/comments by top/hot/new
- view subreddit info/sidebar
- highlight gilded posts/comments
- highlight comments from OP
- should probably write some tests...